Wednesday 25 May 2011

Blog Entry 8. Define Courage

Courage (also bravery, fortitude, or intrepidity) is the ability to confront fear, pain, risk/danger, uncertainty, or intimidation. "Physical courage" is courage in the face of physical pain, hardship, death, or threat of death, while "moral courage" is the ability to act rightly in the face of popular opposition, shame, scandal, or discouragement.

According to the World Wide Web this is the definition of courage. I dont agree. Courage comes from trust. What trust you may ask. Well,from this trust.

Joshua 1:9

9 Have I not commanded you? Be strong and courageous. Do not be afraid; do not be discouraged, for the LORD your God will be with you wherever you go.”

Fear,danger,pain,acting accordingly in a morally questionable situation? No,that's not courage to me. Courage to me is purely trusting this verse. Recently I have been in some bad situations,and I walked out unharmed. All these situations were created at my own hand,my own lack of judgement,my own denial,my own rebellion.

Never have you seen the Love of our Father like you will see it once you accept and believe what is said in Joshua 1:9. In dangerous or seemingly impossible situations it is always easier to try and make an excuse for why this has happened or that has happened,why dont you grow a pair and admit it was you,it was your fault,you screwed up?! I have,I admitted it,I screwed up,I admitted it not to man,but to my Father,my Lord,my Saviour,my God. Admitting you were wrong can become the hardest thing you may ever have to do,but it will be well worth it. Only after admitting,or confessing,did I begin,merely begin to understand what courage is. Courage is trust. Trust is admitting and accepting you will be forgiven. Then only will you be granted courage.

I dont care if you read this,but if you do,dont trust me,trust God. For your own sake.

No comments:

Post a Comment